Effective Date: January 3, 2021
Eric Adams 2021 ( “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this privacy notice to describe how we collect, use, and share the information of individuals who visit our website located at www.ericadams2021.com and other online properties that link to this privacy notice (collectively, the “Site”).
When using our Site or otherwise interacting with us, we may collect certain personal information you choose to provide to us. For example, we may collect information when you subscribe to our mailing list, make a purchase, contact us through the Site, volunteer for the Campaign, or otherwise communicate with us for any purpose. The type of information that we collect may include your name, address, email address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide to us. We may combine the information that you provide to us through the Site with any information you provide to us through other channels.
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide the products, services, or information that you request;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To send updates and other communications that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- For any other purpose for which you have given your consent, or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection.
Portions of the Site are cookie-enabled to provide a more customized user experience. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on a computer and later use to recognize a user. A purpose of cookies is to enhance your ability to receive the information you want. You may be able to personalize your browser settings to reject cookies, although certain features of the Site may not function as intended. Please see the Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising section of this privacy notice for information and choices regarding analytics and interest-based advertising by third parties on the Site.
We may share personal information we collect from you with third-parties.
We may share personal information:
- with candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups. When we disclose information to these entities, it will be governed by their privacy policies.
- with third parties who support our work, including service providers or agents that perform activities for us, such as those for statistical analysis, payment processing, or sending you email or postal mail.
- if we or some or all of our assets are acquired by another organization, the organization will possess the information collected by us, and it will assume the rights and obligations regarding your information as described in this privacy notice.
- to comply with law or legal requirements, or when needed in our judgment to protect our rights or the rights of third parties or for safety or security reasons.
- with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated, or any other technical information, without limitation.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as Interest-Based Advertising (“IBA”). We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles in connection with this activity. You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about IBA and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. The Campaign uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not make promises or guarantees regarding data collection on the linked websites and apps that are not operated by the Campaign. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our email Campaign updates or other promotional messages follow the links or instructions provided with such messages.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We will notify you of any material changes to our privacy notice by updating this webpage and the effective date. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates regarding the information that we collect, use, and share.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org